Church School - Early Childhood
Welcome to the Lord of Life Early Childhood Ministry (ages 2-5/kindergarten) Church School Program.
What is Church School?
Church School is our weekend children’s ministry that runs concurrently with worship services on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Church School is designed to encourage children to seek, live and share an active faith in Jesus Christ.
What will my child learn in Church School?
All lessons follow the narrative lectionaries, which are the same lessons used in worship. Ages 3 years through 4th grade will hear the same story and basic lesson in any given week, at an age-appropriate level.
What will my child do in Church School?
Using active large group sessions and relational small group sessions, children will learn about God and develop their faith at an age-appropriate level. Each week will have a combination of music, games, Bible stories and activities.
Who will lead Church School?
You and caring parents/church members like you. In order to provide the highest quality experience for your child, we need your help. Please prayerfully consider how you will use your gifts and talents to join your child on this part of their faith journey.
Sign up online to join an Early Childhood Church School ministry team.
Where will my child's age group meet?
The Early Childhood Ministry Church School Program offers the following:
4 years old (by September 1, 2013) – Kindergarten (in fall of 2013)
- 4/5/K Church School – Meet in the Trinity Room
3 years old (by September 1, 2013)
- Meet in rooms 147, 145, and 143
- This age group will join the 4/5/K group for a large group activity, then return to their classrooms for activities, story time and play time.
2 years old (by September 1, 2013)
- Meet in the Karing Kingdom rooms
- This age group will have group Bible story time, play time, and activities.
- Church School for 2 year olds will begin with 3 parent/child classes, offered at the Church School time you register for. Parent/child meetings will be held on the following weekends: October 5/6, November 2/3, November 30/December 1. Weekly 2-year-old classes (run by parent leaders) will begin January 5 and run through May 18
What if my child has special needs?
We will work with you to provide the best possible faith experience for your child. Our Ministry of Inclusion offers a Buddy Program, which provides one-on-one support for children with special needs.
How much does Church School cost and what does the money go toward?
The cost for a year of Church School (September, 2013 – May, 2014) is $25 per child. This fee will offset the cost of some of the materials used in your child’s Church School class.
How do I register?
Register online for the 2013-14 school year
*Please note: Sunday, 9:45 am Church School is FULL for all ages.
Are there other opportunities for this age group?
Please visit our Early Childhood Ministry page to learn more.
What if I have questions?
Please contact Kirstin Delp, Associate Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries, Early Childhood, at email@example.com or 763.420.5015 x113.